Thursday, January 13, 2022

Online Writing Essentials Class

So this is going to be interesting to me. Recently as I have been thinking about writing and re-starting my blog.....I decided to look into online writing classes. A quick search revealed an entire slew of classes. I picked one from Triton College ....... Writing Essentials. $115 out the door for a 6 week online course. Can't beat that with a stick !!!

I'm pretty excited ! Which is kinda ironic........I HATE SCHOOL! Always did....and I think I always will. I really admire people who can put themselves to the grindstone academically. Those are some mentally tough people! And doing it as an adult ??? With adult life waiting for you when your studies are done ?????? Oi Vey !!!!!!!!

Pre-injured leg.......I could run miles, do some pretty intense workouts and be very disciplined with those workouts, and also my diet. Sit in a classroom and use my brain ???????????? Hell no ! I couldn't muster up enough brain power to concentrate for more than a few minutes at a time. I would always find my brain roaming about various topics totally unrelated to the information I was being given. 

I started the class yesterday. It will take me a bit to get into the swing of things. Getting myself disciplined enough to set aside time and energy to take the class seriously. 

The interesting part to me will be seeing if my writing improves. I don't think I'm a bad writer now....but then again....I have no clue. I can't really judge or critique myself. 

In the course description, it states the class will help the student become a "stellar wordsmith" .......that's what I always wanted to be !!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment