Sunday, February 17, 2013

Ghetto Mechanic

A ton of things going on lately....been so busy and stressed. Anyway....as  I always say, welcome to life!
Bought this plow truck about a month ago....lucky their hasn't been any real snow. The truck is junk, it runs, but not good. The trans stays in 2nd, so it's not really a reliable truck. It's a 1993, but has the same body style as my tahoe. I bought it with the intention of using it for plowing the driveway this year, then putting the plow on the more reliable tahoe. Well without a lot of snow, and realizing the truck runs worse than I originally thought, I decided to put it on the tahoe this year.......hence the ghetto mechanic. Working on the hard frozen, sometimes wet ground, with not all the proper tools, I was able to get the plow and the mounting off. Next I will put the mounting on the tahoe and do the wiring, and as always a little bit of fine tuning and we should have a plow truck ready to go soon. Hopefully it snows at least a bit so we can try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment