Friday, December 30, 2011

Turquoise Belt Buckle


This is a belt buckle I made a while back. My folks do a fair amount of traveling in their old age and a few years back they went to New Mexico. They brought me back a bunch of nice stones. They brought me back some beautiful buffalo turquoise....which when I was trying to make a sterling ring for it led to the demise of my jewelry making....to much stress. They brought me back a bag of this untreated natural turquoise. I wanted a nice buckle so I cut out a buckle from an old propane tank, cut a pipe and welded it to the buckle for the turquoise to set, and then set the turquoise in resin. It kind of a raw, industrial look but I love this buckle. Just the other day I put one on Etsy to sell.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Buckle. I like the non-traditional use of turquoise with the propane tank metal.

    ReplyDelete