Saturday, August 30, 2014

Homemade Smoker

I've been thinking and planning a propane tank smoker for awhile.   And lately I've been thinking and planning for deer hunting season...so I wanted to get this done before deer season. So  today....I got started!  Like everything I do....I am going to build this on the cheap. The burn box and smoke box will both be made from recycled propane tanks. These are fairly easy to come by.....and usually free.  I don't know where these came from....but they've been sitting around for a few years. Using a cut off wheel on my ever so trusty Milwaukee garage sale grinder.....I cut off the valve guard. I then cut along the top weld on the tank to create the door that will swing open to add wood.  The valve was taken off years ago.....so I felt the tank was well purged and safe for me to cut. I was right. I was wondering why the tank felt so damn heavy......a little critter made a nest in there.....fortunately he was long gone. Next I will weld hinges for the door.....and drill ventilation holes on the side so I can control the amount of air allowed into the burn box and thus the amount off smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment