Thursday, October 27, 2011

Marathon

15 days, 21 hrs. and some odd change to the marathon!!!!!!!!!! I had a bit of a set back in my training. I injured my leg on one of my runs. I think I had or was getting a stress fracture in my upper thigh bone, I think it's called the femur. I went to my doctor, he sent me to a sports doctor who took x-rays. The x ray was fine, but he said stress fractures usually don't show up on x rays so he wanted to send me for an mri. He said go home and after his office contacted my insurance company for approval, the mri facility would contact me to make and appointment. I waited two weeks and no call. I kept on cross training and bike riding on stationary low impact machines at work. Then I went for a run, I did 6-1/2 miles. When I started I had a little pain....maybe a 1 or a 2, then it kind of went away as I continued to run. Afterwards, a little bit of pain. I haven't run again, but tomorrow I am going to go for a long run, hopefully around 18 miles. If I can do this with little or no pain I am going to run the marathon. If I have bad pain in the same area, I am not going to run the marathon. I really don't mind some pain, but the bad thing is from what I read and the doctor told me, if you continue to run on a stress fracture and you hurt it worse, you may need surgery to repair it. So we'll see tomorrow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment